Local Construction project manage - (#H.256)
Household Staff - Other
For a private investment estate in the Caribbean, EDMAR International is seeking an experienced Local Project and Construction Manager to plan construction projects and oversee their progress in a timely and cost-effective manner. The Construction Manager will be responsible for budgeting, organization, implementation, and scheduling of the projects and will work collaboratively with the local team, international architects, and local contractors.
Tasks & Responsabilities:
– Exercise oversight and overall accountability for managing and directing construction projects from conception to completion.
– Conduct in-depth reviews of projects and create schedules for deliverables and cost estimates.
– Supervise all onsite and offsite construction activities, monitoring and ensuring compliance with building and safety regulations.
– Coordinate and direct the activities of construction workers and subcontractors.
– Manage the selection of tools, materials, equipment, track and secure inventory.
– Perform duties in accordance with agreed contractual arrangements.
– Supervise, monitor, and review work progress on a daily basis.
– Prepare reports regarding job progress, issues, and status.
– Proactively plan to prevent and mitigate problems, addressing and resolving emerging problems at the earliest possible point.
– Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts, and obtain permits and licenses as needed.
– Analyze, manage, and mitigate risks.
– Maintain quality construction standards and ensure the use of proper construction techniques.
– Proven working experience in construction management.
– Advanced knowledge of construction project management processes, means, and methods.
– Expert knowledge of building products, construction details, and relevant rules, regulations, and quality standards.
– Understanding of all aspects of the construction process.
– Familiarity with construction management software packages.
– Ability to plan in detail while anticipating and solving potential issues.
– Competence in conflict and crisis management.
– Leadership and human resources management skills.
– Excellent time and project management skills.
– Degree in construction management, architecture, engineering, or a related field.
– Authorization to work in Jamaica or possession of a valid work permit is mandatory.
– Accommodation can be provided.
– The candidate must have experience in construction, project management, and monitoring associated budgets and timelines.
– Internal employee or self-employed consultant based on 2 years on-site.
– Desired start date: ASAP.
Location: Kingston, Jamaïca
As soon as possible
Type of contract: Permanent
Working hours: Full time
To apply for this job, please register or login
|Starting date:||As soon as possible|
|Type of contract:||Permanent|
|Working hours:||Full time|